For new, emerging and mid-level managers
Not all managers are leaders, and not all leaders are managers
We develop corporate leaders through group and one-on-one coaching, and turn them into better managers through our Management Moments© program. Because most of the time, it takes more than a compelling vision – it takes the operational know-how that actually gets the work done.
Management Moments© Program
These interactive training and coaching modules are designed to be delivered twice per month over 9 – 12 months, each covering one aspect of being a better manager. You can expect:
- Improved productivity and work capacity
- More decisive, more effective leaders
- A stronger commitment to the organization
- Better staff retention and improved bottom line
In 120 minutes, one of Transcend’s professional coaches will train a group of 12-14 people on your choice of 30 modules. You can download a detailed PDF of our 30 modules here →
A few of our Management Moments© modules include:
Trust Me: Exploring Trust
Thirteen behaviors leaders use to create stronger and more trusting relationships at all levels
Apply specific models and tools to enhance your critical thinking abilities
Questions that quickly and effectively help you to get to the heart of the matter
Building and Leveraging Relationships
Apply leadership levels of influence to create win-win situations for you and your team
Manage expectations and establish mutually respectful working relationships
Influencing Without Authority
Influence others to do work even without the authority to “make them do it”
Increase success by leveraging the chain of command in a positive way
Take personal accountability and achieve results using the Oz Principles of “see it, own it, solve it, do it”
Create clarity about an individual’s role, direction and promises made
Urgent vs. Important
Determine what is important and what is urgent and how to manage each more effectively
Setting SMART Goals
The most powerful goals are Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Time-based
Decision Making 101
A simple process for making effective decisions.
Understanding Change and Building Resilience
Skills that will make managers more resilient and more able to overcome obstacles
Managing Personal Change
Techniques to help decrease the chaos and uncertainty associated with change
Change Management 101
How to accept change and what you can do to enable that process
Plus 15 more…
Case Study #1: Management Moments©
Industry: Engineering and Geospatial Software (Intergraph Canada)
Situation: The company wanted to advance and elevate the knowledge and skills of its high potential, emerging leaders.
What we did: We developed and facilitated a 12 month program consisting of 24 Management Moments© sessions.
- Feedback from participants and their managers indicated that participants greatly increased their management and leadership skills.
- Participants shared their learnings with co-workers, direct reports, and managers.
- All participants agreed on the value of the knowledge provided by the facilitator, and indicated a high likelihood that they would act on what they learned in the future.
Case Study #2: Leader Coaching and Management Moments©
Industry: Energy Industry Quasi-Governmental Organization (Alberta Energy Regulator, formerly Energy Resources Conservation Board)
Situation: The leader of this department wanted to increase the skills and capability of her direct reports.
What we did:
- Transcend was engaged to work with 18 leaders in this group to assist them in becoming better leaders and managers.
- The focus was on increasing communication and operational management skills.
- Wilma coached leaders on personal and professional challenges.
- Short, focused management training modules were developed to increase managerial effectiveness.
- Overall level of satisfaction with coaching was 3.5/4.
- Management Moments modules were very well received.
Are your managers working to their highest potential?
Start training better leaders and more effective managers by booking your first Management Moments© workshop today.