For new, emerging and mid-level managers
Not all managers are leaders, and not all leaders are managers
We develop corporate leaders through group and one-on-one coaching, and turn them into better managers through our Management Moments© program. Because most of the time, it takes more than a compelling vision – it takes the operational know-how that actually gets the work done.
Management Moments© Program
These interactive training and coaching modules are designed to be delivered twice per month over 9 – 12 months, each covering one aspect of being a better manager. You can expect:
- Improved productivity and work capacity
- More decisive, more effective leaders
- A stronger commitment to the organization
- Better staff retention and improved bottom line
In 120 minutes, one of Transcend’s professional coaches will train a group of 12-14 people on your choice of 30 modules. You can download a detailed PDF of our 30 modules here →
Management Moments© Overview
What: The Management Moments© program is geared to developing and enhancing management knowledge and skills.
Who: Emerging to mid-level leaders.
Why: Management Moments© combines the power of focused management training with a supportive group coaching environment, resulting in sustained behavioral change. Research has found that structured learning activities, followed by reinforcement through repeated exposure to the concepts, coaching, and a supportive environment result in longer term retention of knowledge, skills and behaviors.
How: Each “Management Moment©” training session consists of focused discussion on a specific topic related to one aspect of being a manager or supervisor. This is a cohort-based, small group training program.
Training sessions may include presentations, interactive discussion, experiential learning, role playing, and other activities. Group coaching sessions provide participants with the opportunity to practice what they have learned in the training module, share their experiences, and further solidify and internalize their skills.
Delivery Options: The first training session for each program is the Introductory/Trust Module, which is three hours in length. Note: this is delivered only in combination with other Management Moments© modules.
Option 1: One two-hour training session followed by one two-hour group coaching session held each month, typically two weeks apart. The topic of the training session and the group coaching session are the same. The two-week gap between the training and coaching session provides the opportunity for the participants to apply learnings and practice skills. This option is ideal for groups of 10 – 14 participants.
Option 2: One three-hour combined training and coaching session. The training portion is two hours in duration, with group coaching for an additional hour. Group coaching will apply to the previous months’ module. This option is ideal for 10 – 14 participants.
Option 3: For small groups only (4 – 8 participants). One two-hour combined training and coaching session. The training portion is 1.5 hours in duration, with group coaching for the remaining half-hour.
Two-hour sessions are $1,500.00 per session.
Three- hour sessions are $2,250.00 per session
Additional offering in conjunction with the Emotional Intelligence module is the administration of, and one hour debrief of the EQi-2.0 assessment: $ 799.00 per person.
Note: GST and parking costs are in addition to program costs. All prices in Canadian dollars.
This program may be eligible for the Canada-Alberta job grant program, if the program is offered for 21 hours or more.
Duration: 9 to 12 month program.
- Small group environment is optimal for learning and provides a built-in support network for participants
- Broad selection of Management Moments© topics allows flexibility and customization to the organization’s needs
- Facilitation by a professional coach incorporates an effective, structured, and proven process which ensures a focus on learning from the facilitator and each other
- A variety of learning methods are tailored to different learning styles to aid in retention of concepts
- Worksheets and exercises to enhance participation and learning
- Tools and techniques that will immediately be used in the workplace
- Pre-reading materials which will be emailed to participants 3 – 5 days prior to the module.
- Preparation for the module will take a maximum of 30 minutes.
- Copies of the presentation, tools and articles that the organization is encouraged to post on an in-house repository for future reference.
- Any follow-ups that are required post-training or group coaching sessions.
Management Moments© Benefits:
- Builds internal capacity and knowledge
- Improves productivity by understanding the foundational elements of the supervisor/manager role
- Strengthens supervisory and management skills, thereby increasing effectiveness
- Greater awareness of own behavior and that of others
- Inspires better quality of decision-making based on what is truly important
- Strengthens commitment to the organization
- Accelerates the achievement of goals and objectives
- Supports improvements in employee performance, creating a better performing business and an improved bottom line
- Increases retention of staff, thereby reducing staff recruitment costs
- Makes it stick: increases learning transfer rates and ongoing action, and public accountability increases likelihood of follow-through on action
Management Moments© programs are offered at a location provided by the client. Requirements include: a boardroom or training room that can accommodate the number of participants, audio-visual equipment, and flip charts.
Certificate of Completion:
Upon completion of the Management Moments© program, a Certificate of Completion will be awarded to participants.
A few of our Management Moments© modules include:
Are your managers working to their highest potential?
Start training better leaders and more effective managers by booking your first Management Moments© workshop today.