For new, emerging and mid-level managers
Not all managers are leaders, and not all leaders are managers
We develop corporate leaders through group and one-on-one coaching, and turn them into better managers through our Management Moments© training courses. Because most of the time, it takes more than a compelling vision – it takes the operational know-how that actually gets the work done.
Management Moments© Training Courses
Management Moments© Training Courses each cover one aspect of being a better manager. You can expect:
- Improved productivity and work capacity
- More decisive, more effective leaders
- A stronger commitment to the organization
- Better staff retention and improved bottom line
What: Management Moments© training courses are geared to developing and enhancing management knowledge and skills.
Who: Emerging to mid-level leaders.
Why: Management Moments© combines the power of focused management training in a supportive group environment, resulting in sustained behavioral change. Research has found that structured learning activities, followed by reinforcement through repeated exposure to the concepts, coaching, and a supportive environment result in longer term retention of knowledge, skills and behaviors.
How: Each “Management Moment©” training session consists of focused discussion on a specific topic related to one aspect of being a manager or supervisor. This is a cohort-based, small group training program.
Training courses may include presentations, interactive discussion, experiential learning, role playing, peer group coaching, and other activities.
- Small group environment is optimal for learning and provides a built-in support network for participants
- Broad selection of Management Moments© topics provides flexibility for the organization
- Facilitation by a professional facilitator incorporates an effective, structured, and proven process which ensures a focus on learning from the facilitator and each other
- A variety of learning methods are tailored to different learning styles to aid in retention of concepts
- Worksheets and exercises to enhance participation and learning
- Tools and techniques that will immediately be used in the workplace
- Pre-reading materials which will be emailed to participants 3 – 5 days prior to the module.
- Preparation for each course will take a maximum of 30 minutes.
- Copies of the presentation, tools and articles that the organization is encouraged to post on an in-house repository for future reference.
- Any follow-ups that are required post-training.
- Management Moments© courses are offered for 3 hours.
- The cost is $200 per course per individual.
- Optimum number of participants in each course is 8 to 12 people.
Management Moments© Benefits:
- Builds internal capacity and knowledge
- Improves productivity by understanding the foundational elements of the supervisor/manager role
- Strengthens supervisory and management skills, thereby increasing effectiveness
- Greater awareness of own behavior and that of others
- Inspires better quality of decision-making based on what is truly important
- Strengthens commitment to the organization
- Accelerates the achievement of goals and objectives
- Supports improvements in employee performance, creating a better performing business and an improved bottom line
- Increases retention of staff, thereby reducing staff recruitment costs
- Makes it stick: increases learning transfer rates and ongoing action, and public accountability increases likelihood of follow-through on action
Location: Management Moments© courses are offered at a location provided by the client. Requirements include: a boardroom or training room that can accommodate the number of participants, audio-visual equipment, and flip charts.
Management Moments© training courses may be eligible for the Canada-Alberta job grant program, if the combined total of instructional hours is 21 hours or more. For more information on the Canada-Alberta Job Grant program: https://www.alberta.ca/canada-alberta-job-grant.aspx .
Our Management Moments© courses include:
Click on the course title below for course description and fees.
Are your managers working to their highest potential?
Start training better leaders and more effective managers by booking your first Management Moments© workshop today.